The Journey of Hope was initiated in 2010 as a way to “raise friends and funds” for the Handmaids of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, USA Province. Through the generosity of Beth and Jack Conroy, the event has been held each year at the historic Knowlton Mansion in Philadelphia. Combining the ambience and refinement of the mansion, along with the genuine hospitality of the Handmaids, the event has been attended annually by over two hundred invited guests and friends of the Sisters.
The Journey of Hope is a major fundraising endeavor organized by the USA Handmaid Province Development Office and the Advisory Board for the Handmaids of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The event offers exposure to the Handmaids in an effort to assist them in furthering their mission and their ministries, including:
- Ancillae-Assumpta Academy (Wyncote, PA) www.ancillae.org/
- St. Raphaela Retreat Center (Haverford, PA) www.straphaelacenter.org/
- Oasis Católico (Athens, GA) www.oasistutors.org
- Project FIAT (El Salvador) http://projectfiat.org
- Archdiocesan and pastoral ministries (Miami, FLA and Philadelphia, PA) www.acjusa.org